18 Oct 2015

How did it feel to travel without you?

We've promised that when we meet again soon, we'll talk about each other's journey. And if you ask me how did it feel to travel without you, it was quite alright.

You went home before me, and suddenly I found myself looking for some places to go. I didn't go much, but I took some nice pictures of the scenery. It was mid-autumn.

Once I visited an old town whose castle was full of people celebrating music. But it felt like every pathway was too wide, because there was no one calling me nerdy when I picked a fallen leave and put it carefully between the pages of a book. The autumn there was so quiet eventhough I've kicked those leaves on the ground so hard. All alone, I tented the wind and the gloomy skies and the birds in that conduit cables until the lamp posts were started to flicker. For the first time, I was thinking about home and wondering why the days seemed so long when the fact those were being shorter. Home never felt this far.

Llwyn Farm, Powys, Wales, the UK

On another time, I went to a small village which quite far from where we used to live. We planned to go to this area but, because of a we-dont-know-why reason, it never happened. The farm I stayed is vast enough to be explored. I knew the summer has ended and the weather started to be cold, but still, cycling around would be so fun. Unfortunately I ended up just walking around looking at the sheeps and horses and cows and the mist in the faraway hills. Apparenly the whole journey was not as adventurous as ours since nobody seemed to be interested with dark bushes or narrow alleys or big rocks. It does not mean that it was boring though. You must have known that I have the gift of enjoyings situations. The thing is, no one challenged me to race up to those birch trees and suddenly I forgot when was the last time I laugh so hard until I was breathless.

I remember the moments you said sorry for every plan that did not come true. yet, my journeys were fine without you, weren't those? It just would simply be better with you, for if I was with you, we must have spent so much times laughing at weird things such as apple trees and wild mushrooms.



No comments:

Post a Comment